Physical Therapy. Occupational Therapy. Speech Therapy.
Apple Home Healthcare provides a range of rehabilitation options for patients who need to regain strength and functioning after an injury, surgical procedure, or medical diagnosis. We customize each rehabilitation program around the individual needs of the patient.
Our therapists provide evaluations, treatment, and education for individuals with total joint replacements, orthopedic conditions, neurological disorders, post-surgical procedures, stroke rehabilitation, and speech and swallowing difficulties.
All of our therapists are highly experienced and thoroughly trained. They must complete at least a master’s degree or clinical doctorate degree at an accredited academic institution. Before they can practice, each is required to pass a comprehensive licensure examination. Our therapists are accustomed to working in any home environment. They will work with your schedule to provide services at a time of day when you are most amenable to rehabilitative care.
Medicare, Medicaid and other health insurances often cover the cost of home therapies for seniors and others.
Apple’s Therapists will help you regain your independence
Working from your doctor’s orders, your therapist will develop, implement, manage and
evaluate a sound patient care plan that has realistic goals.
and maintain health.
Our physical therapists focus on:
- Decreasing pain
- Promoting healing
- Restoring function and mobility
- Providing training in ergonomics and body mechanics
- Promoting fitness and health through education
- Making environmental changes to enhance a patient’s independence
Our Occupational Therapists (OTs) evaluate the patient’s ability to perform activities of daily living, determine hindrances to independence, and develop programs that help restore function. Occupational Therapists help patients who have lost some muscle control or dexterity to restore everyday skills such as getting themselves dressed, feeding themselves, and using a computer.
Our occupational therapists focus on:
- Evaluating and training patients for activities of daily living (e.g., dressing, cooking)
- Teaching exercise programs to increase joint motion, strength and flexibility
- Instructing in joint protection and personal energy conservation methods
- Evaluating the home for safety, and recommending changes training in the use of adaptive devices
- Making recommendations to caregivers and family members, and providing training where necessary
Ordering specialized equipment to improve well-being.
Our speech therapists develop a personalized plan of therapy consisting of exercises and activities designed to strengthen the muscles of the mouth, neck and face in order to help them regain the ability to speak clearly, chew and swallow.
Our speech therapists focus on:
- Diagnosing problems related to verbal and non-verbal communication, and the potential for rehabilitation
- Treating voice disorders and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
- Setting measurable goals with the patient and family
- Testing the patient’s ability to tolerate the prescribed treatment program
- Educating and counseling patients and families about communication and swallowing
- Promoting healthy lifestyle practices that help prevent speech-related disorders
Apple Home Healthcare is proud to lead in the field of dementia care. Our dementia trained therapists are certified by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP). These therapists are highly competent in the area of Alzheimer’s care and have a deep understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and its impact on cognitive function.